Are you looking for an engaging messy play activity for your daycare children? One that will teach them scoop and pouring without water?
Here is an activity that doesn’t require an activity table.
What you will need –
- Drop cloth – I purchase shower curtains, table clothes or flat sheets and use as drop cloths.
- Container – I personally love the sterlite containers with the lid
- Beans – check your cupboard
- Vehicles – you have loads of those
- Scoopers – check your recycle stock or your dramatic play area
Our children love playing with beans –
Tops are great to add in your recycle bins – tops from food bottles, laundry soaps or fabric softeners. The large tops are great to add to your environment for scooping and pouring.
This activity is best supervised, we know there are children who will put things in their mouths (oral stage).
Remember to add a drop cloth underneath for easy clean up.
Have fun with your children – and remember messy play is fun and messy play is learning.
xoxo – Miss Sue